Things To Know about +/- Grading:
- The +/- grading policy was voted on by Faculty Senate on Feb. 21, 2019, and the policy failed.
- If approved, it would go into effect until Fall 2020
- C- would fulfill the ‘c or better’ requirement
- C- grades would be eligible for grade replacement
- The grading scale would be:
- A : 4.0
- A- : 3.7
- B+: 3.3
- B : 3.0
- B-: 2.7
- C+: 2.3
- C : 2.0
- C- : 1.7
- D+: 1.3
- D : 1.0
- D-: 0.7
- F : 0
For questions and clarifications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to keep this page up to date as more information develops.
Q: Will this policy change grade awarded prior to implementation?
A: No, this policy will not retroactively change grades awarded before Fall 2020
Motion Fails in Faculty Senate
Student Council voted on a resolution to oppose the current plus minus grading policy proposition.
Student Council will be hosting a Campus Open Forum for +/- Grading at 6:30 PM in St. Pat’s Ballroom, minutes of it can be found here.
Student Council had a general body meeting where students voted that we should have a resolution to oppose the +/- grading scale.
A video of the questions with Dr. Kurt Kosbar the current Chair of the Academic Freedoms and Standards Committee of Faculty Senate can be found below:
Presented to Faculty Senate see the: